Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fun "Bun in the Oven" Facts at Six Weeks

Thought I'd change it up a bit and clue you in as to how our little one is developing. We bought The Pregnancy Journal when I was pregnant for Ava. And it's coming in handy for this pregnancy, too. It gives you a day-by-day snapshot of what's taking place as the baby grows. There's some really interesting stuff. Check it out:

- Pigment is beginning to form in the retina of the eye.
- The lower limbs are developing into foot plates.
- He/She now measures .3 to .43 inches long. In other words, one baby the size of ours can fit on a dime (altogether now, "awwwww..."). According to Babycenter.com, the baby is now the size of a lentil bean. Dime...lentil bean. Yeah, it's the same size I guess.
- The baby is growing at a phenomenal rate. If he/she grew as fast right after birth as it is growing right now, it would measure 15 feet tall by the time he/she was one month old! Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment